And the Winner Is.....
The Romance Writers of America handed out awards for the best books in romance at the RITA© award ceremony July 31st. The RITA is an award given out during the annual RWA conference to authors of books published the previous year in twelve different categories, including everything from inspirational to paranormal to regency. Up to 1200 books compete for the awards each year!
This year some of romance’s best authors received awards, so be sure to check out the winners:
- Best First Book – One Scream Away by Kate Brady
- Best Contemporary Single Title Romance- Too Good to Be True by Kristan Higgins
- Best Historical Romance –Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas
- Best Inspirational Romance – The Inheritance by Tamera Alexander
- Best Novel With Strong Romantic Elements – The Lost Recipe for Happiness by Barbara O’Neal
- Best Paranormal Romance – Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole
- Best Regency Historical Romance – What Happens in London by Julia Quinn
- Best Young Adult Romance – Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
- Best Contemporary Series Romance – A Not -So -Perfect Past by Beth Andrews
- Best Contemporary Series Romance Suspense/Adventure – The Soldier’s Secret Daughter by Cindy Dees
- Best Romance Novella – “The Christmas Eve Promise” in The Night Before Christmas by Molly O’Keefe
- Best Romantic Suspense – Whisper of Warning by Laura Griffin