Because of a bone-chilling arctic cold front that will reach us Thursday, the National Weather Service has issued a hard freeze warning for the Houston area. Temperatures are expected to drop throughout the day to a low of 28 degrees, and meteorologists predict it will remain very cold through 9 a.m. Sunday. It's been over 20 years since temperatures have been this low, for this long. Are you ready for the cold snap? Have you prepared your car, wrapped exposed pipes, and protected fragile plants?
Great! Now, grab your Snuggie and head to a cozy corner with a good book.
- Stone Cold by David Baldacci
- An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris
- Cold Pursuit by Carla Neggers
- Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
- Cold Fire by Dean Koontz
- Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie
- A Cold Day in Paradise by Steve Hamilton
- Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
- Cold Rock River by J. L. Miles
- The Spy Who Came In From the Cold by John LeCarre