- Customers must have a library card in order to check out materials
- Reference items may not be checked out.
- Customers may have a total of 75 items checked out at any one time.
- All items circulate for two weeks (14 days)
- There is a limit of 5 renewals for most items; DVDs are limited to one renewal.
- Renewal loan periods are the same length as the original loan period.
- Items may not be renewed if there is a hold for another customer on that title or that item.
- Renewal is not permitted if there are blocks on a customer’s record.
- Items may be renewed through the online catalog or telephone renewal system (713-747-4763). Instructions are available on the website.
"Holds" is a free service that allows customers to reserve a copy of a County-owned title that is not currently available. The service includes delivery of a copy of that title when one becomes available to the branch the customer chooses, and a notice by phone or e-mail when the item is available in that branch.
Holds can be placed in person or over the phone with a staff member or using the online catalog. Customers may place a maximum of 15 simultaneous holds per library card.
Fines and Fees
Lost Items: Cost of the item
If a lost item is found within a year, the customer can request a refund. The original receipt will be needed.
Any financial obligation of $25.00 or MORE posted on the customer's financial record will cause the patron's record to be blocked in the circulation system. Borrowing privileges only become available again when the balance owed is less than $25.00.
Cash, personal and business checks (with identification), cashiers checks, money orders, and traveler's checks can be accepted as payment for all library fines, and fees. You can pay online using a credit card. To pay online, Login >> My borrowing >> Fees.
[UPDATED: OCTOBER 3, 2023]