Tax Services @ HCPL
AARP Tax Aide
AARP Tax Aide offers free tax preparation assistance at these select Harris County Public Library locations.
Documents you will need to bring to your AARP Tax Aide Appointment:
- A copy of last year's income tax return(s)
- Social Security numbers for all adults and dependents
- W-2 forms from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements on 1099-G
- SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price and purchase date of sold assets
- 1099-misc showing any miscellaneous income
- 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions
BakerRipley Free Tax Services @ HCPL
BakerRipley offers free tax preparation assistance at these select Harris County Public Library locations.
- Walk-ins only. No appointments
- Families & individuals earning up to $58,000 are eligible
- Must have copies of photo ID & social security card for everyone included on tax return
- Tax return preparation
- ITIN application and renewals
- Child Tax Credit Assistance
Upcoming Tax Aide Events >>>
Upcoming Tax Aide Events
No related upcoming events.
Get a Library Card
HCPL offers a variety of library cards- All free and available to Harris County residents! Find the right card for you and see all that the library has to offer.