On May 1, 2023, the Overdrive app will officially be discontinued, making Libby your mobile source for your digital checkouts and holds. Overdrive explains details and offers guides on the switch to the Libby app.
There are some personal settings will not automatically transfer over to Libby. But you can make sure your History and Wish Lists are set up Libby before May 1st.
Saving Your History
- Go to , then History.
- Select Actions > Email history.
- Enter your email address, then select Submit.
Saving Your Wish Lists
- You'll be prompted via an in-app notification to import your wish list. To get started, go to and select the Sync Wish Lists notification
- The notification will give you prompts to either
- Create a new tag for your wish list. (This is a good option if you're new to Libby.)
- Merge your OverDrive wish list into an existing tag. (This is a good option if you already use a tag to track titles you want to read.)
- Once created, you'll find your wish list tag under > tags.
Harris County Public Library staff is always available to ease you through this change to Libby, your one-stop for our ebooks and audiobooks on the go.