I’ve been spending a lot of my time recently playing and watching trivia games. It got me thinking, how would I make my own trivia game if I could? And then I did! The rules are simple, I will ask the question and list multiple choices beneath it and you will take your best guess. At the very bottom is where the correct answers will be located (no cheating). Make sure to keep track of your points to know how well you did. Ready? Let’s go!
1) What is the Queen of Hearts from Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland most repeated line?
- “We’re all mad here.”
- “Curiouser and Curiouser.”
- “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.”
- “Off with their heads!”
2) What does Victor Frankenstein from Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein refuse to do for the monster?
- Help the monster kill
- Make a wife for the monster
- Find shelter to keep the monster safe
3) Who wrote the first vampire fiction The Vampyre?
- John Polidori
- Edgar Allan Poe
- Sheridan Le Fanu
- Bram Stoker
4) Who does Elizabeth Bennett marry in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen?
- Fitzwilliam Darcy
- George Wickham
- Charles Bingley
- William Collins
5) What is the primary crime that reoccurs throughout The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson?
6) Who is the character Beloved in Toni Morrison’s Beloved?
- Sethe's daughter
- A friend of Denver
- The community's school teacher
- Beloved is not a character in the book
7) What are the names of the three pigs from George Orwell’s Animal Farm?
- Benjamin, Boxer, and Clover
- Snowball, Napoleon, and Squealer
- Jessie, Blue Bell, and Old Major
- Moses, Molly, and Muriel
8) Who is the author of the children’s book Peter Pan?
- Roald Dahl
- Eric Carle
- J.M. Barrie
- J.R.R. Tolkein
9) What is Montag’s first name in Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury?
10) What defining characteristic do the people in the dystopian novel The Giver by Lois Lowry have?
- They cannot see color
- They do not eat food
- Only women exist in the society
- They can turn into animals
11) What species is Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien?
12) Who lives at 221B Baker Street?
- Sherlock Holmes and John Watson from Sherlock Holmes series by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Dashwood family from Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility
- Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Scout Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
13) What is the primary theme of The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde?
- The consequences of greed
- Evil vs. good
- The power of art
- Loyalty and justice
14) What state is Mark Twain’s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn set in?
15) Which of these books is NOT a John Steinbeck novel?
- Tortilla Flat
- The Pearl
- The Sun Also Rises
- East of Eden
This blog was written by Yasmene S. and first appeared November 2022.