Not enough time to make cookies? Fear not! This is easier than chocolate chip cookies and even more delicious. No need to shape and roll your dough the same sizes. No more worrying about burning those cookies.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (270g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled (170g)
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed (200g)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (133g)
- 2 eggs room temperature, large
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (15mL)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (200g)
- 7x7 or 8x8 Baking Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 7×7 or 8×8 inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and place it aside in a large bowl
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and corn starch to a medium bowl then whisk together and set aside.
- Add the white and brown sugar to the cooled, melted butter in the large bowl. Mix until the mixture is a thick consistency.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture and mix.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chips but save some to sprinkle on top later.
- Pour the dough into the baking pan that's lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the dough until it is even and smooth.
- Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips for a nice touch!
- Baking at 350F for about 35 minutes.
- Let the cookie bars cool before taking them out of the pan.
This blog was written by Katy P. and first appeared July 2021.