Dracula movie adaptations of Bram Stoker’s novel Dracula have existed since the silent movie era. I always have enjoyed watching the vintage actors Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee and Frank Langella portray the fascinating Dracula character on television. I read Bram Stoker’s Dracula, because I am an avid fan of classic Dracula movies. The novel was as mesmerizing as the various movies, and the novel’s plot was quite different from the various movies’ plots. How well would you like to know the Dracula prototype? Take this quiz to introduce yourself to this popular horror character and enjoy Bram Stoker’s Dracula. The answers to the quiz are at the end of this article.
1. Which physical characteristic was not a physical characteristic of Dracula?
A. Gray Hair
B. Red eyes
C. Black Mustache
2. How many females resided with Dracula at the beginning of the novel?
3. What type of reptilian skill does Dracula have?
A. He could walk on water.
B. He could climb walls with his hands.
C. He could see in different directions at the same time.
4. Who were Lucy Westentra's victims when she became a vampire?
B. Adult Females
C. Adult Males
5. What was the second incident that frightened Jonathan Harker when he was a guest in Dracula's castle?
A. He could not see Dracula's reflection in his shaving mirror.
B. He found Dracula asleep in a coffin with opened eyes.
C. Dracula lunged for his throat.
6. Why does Lucy's finance Arthur Holmwood drive a stake through her heart?
A. He wanted to release her from the curse of being a vampire.
B. He had to defend himself when she tried to attack him.
C. He wanted to keep her from harming others.
7. How did Abraham Van Helsing learn that Dracula attacked Mina Harker?
A. She was frightened by a crucifix.
B. She was not responding to blood transfusions.
C. A sacred wafer burned her flesh.
8. What up to date equipment in the 1890s did Dr. John Seward uses to interview his patients?
9. What weapon did Texas native Quincy Morris use to try to slay Dracula?
C. Bowie Knife
10. Renfield, Dr. Seward's mental patient had a disorder called Zoophagous. What was the definition of this disorder?
A. Archaic word for rabies
B. having animal like behavior.
C. feeding on other animals.
Answers to Quiz